electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Sylvania TV-DVD reads CDs but not DVDs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lojsve

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:08 am    Post subject: Sylvania TV-DVD reads CDs but not DVDs Reply with quote

My son pulled a TV off of a dresser and now the DVD player portion will read CDs but not DVDs. I have the back off of the TV and the DVD unit expose but find no reason for this problem. Every plug and connection is secure. I have cleaned the lazer and checked every solder point.

I hope there is someone who has faced this before and can help me!
vtech

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like time to buy another unit. I've seen it happen where the laser mechanism gets just enough jolt where it will no longer read one or the other
media & there is not much can be done short of replacing the mechanism which is pretty much uneconomical in todays market.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия