electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
RCA 36" Problem
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PFloydNVa

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: RCA 36" Problem Reply with quote

I have an RCA F36669 36" Entertainment Series TV; Chassis#: CTC203CA5; which stopped working as I was watching it. The screen first went dark and then the set powered off a minute or so later. It no longer responded to the remote or the controls on the set top. A couple of minutes later, a very loud squeal started up. I unplugged and left alone for a couple of minutes; hoping for a reset; but the squeal restarts each time I plug it back in. Normally, an LED on the controls indicates that the set has power, but it no longer lights. Leaving me to believe it is related to the power supply.

Was wondering if anyone has any ideas on circuits I should check with a meter and whether I am causing further damage leaving it plugged in while I attempt to pinpoint the issue.

Thanks,
Ron
Frank

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

relace Q401 the hot , and resolder L401.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also check U102.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This seems to be my problem as well. I have an RCA Model number F36669 Chassis number CTC203CA5. The television went to a vertical line briefly before losing the picture. When you try to turn the TV on you get a high frequency clicking. I checked the part labeled Q4401 (Q401) and the clicking is goming from it. This part is also labeled as the Horizontal output trinsister on the heat sink. My question is how do I fond the RCA part number for the model. I am assuming that Q4401 refers to the location on the motherboard rather then the actual part number for this model television. Any help on how and where I should order this part would be appreciated.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listening to the television again it seems like the high pitch squeal or clicking is coming from a part labeled 1536335A. Any help will be appreciated.
minnie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flyback normally takes out the hot. If they wouldn't have used the same one in the 27" and 36", well you should get the point.
minnie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fly t14401 P# 244247
Squeals when plugged in normally is the hot but also check cr14402.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minnie,

Thank you for your reply.

I checked and the part that is squealing is located at t14404. Is t14404 properly refered to as the location number?

Based on your reply am I correct in understanding that this part is the flyback transformer?

What is your recommendation for testing these parts?

Are you also stating that when the flyback transformer went it would have caused the Horizontal Output Transister to fail. (I believe this is the three pronged part labeled Q401)

Thank you for he part number of the fly and the help.

I am normally a digital network guy and so this is new teritory for me. I have been reading as many FAQs as I can find.
Frank

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't loose your time, check Q401 the hot it's in a big hit sink and L401 maybe you have to take it out and clean the tips and resolder back,
minnie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Franks right. Clean up L14401, the hot is more than likely shorted and the flyback is just plain and simple if you don't replace it you fry the h out again. Your talking about $80 in parts or a $350 repair.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия