electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
LaCie CRT: adjusting Green gun?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guest _UK

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: LaCie CRT: adjusting Green gun? Reply with quote

Hello...

The display of my LaCie ElectronBlue 19" (Manufactured Feb2004) has become increasingly magenta, such that now Black is plum coloured and all greys pink. (Calibration can only partly resolve this).

Is there any way I can physically adjust the Green Gun to increase/restore its power?

No electronic engineer by any means(!) but need to have a go at saving an otherwise good monitor.

Any help much appreciated...

Glenn
samtam

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: monitor Reply with quote

Hi Glen,
did you have nay luck with this issue. I have a similar problem with a daewoo monitor (19"... see post 13Jan above)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Re: LaCie CRT: adjusting Green gun? Reply with quote

Guest _UK wrote:
Hello...

The display of my LaCie ElectronBlue 19" (Manufactured Feb2004) has become increasingly magenta, such that now Black is plum coloured and all greys pink. (Calibration can only partly resolve this).

Is there any way I can physically adjust the Green Gun to increase/restore its power?

Glenn

Glen, you can adjust the Green Bias in the colour menu by activating service mode on the monitor first. Turn it on while holding down +, -, and SELECT buttons, then press EXIT to get into the menu. The menu should look familiar, but have extra options and a red bar at the top and bottom.

Go into the colour / color setup options, select the SRGB mode, and you'll see the extra RB, GB, and BB options (Red Bias, Green Bias and Blue Bias accordingly) which cycle through as you use the < and > options to access them. Note the %ages in case you need to go back, but you can greyscale the screen using a suitable test-card from your PC.

You need to exit the menu properly (don't just cut off the input or turn it off) to save the settings permanently.

Hope you see this before you bin it. Good luck!
electronblue

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:11 am    Post subject: Re: LaCie CRT: adjusting Green gun? Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Guest _UK wrote:
Hello...

Glenn

You need to exit the menu properly (don't just cut off the input or turn it off) to save the settings permanently.

ALSO: Need to exit the service mode again after work is complete by holding EXIT, and both ADJUST buttons (-/+) while powering up. Otherwise, the monitor won't go into powersaving, regardless of the powersave setting in the menu.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия