electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Samsung HCL473W HELP!!!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
minnie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me know if this helps. A set of convergence IC's can go for this. Well, half of that but be done with it. Some times take the easy way out of a repair. Board level.
ockoerner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

any other ideas any one
minnie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ockoerner wrote:
any other ideas any one

Let me know if this helps. A set of convergence IC's can go for this. Well, half of that but be done with it. Some times take the easy way out of a repair. Board level.
minnie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

minnie wrote:
Item #: BP95-00155A Your Price: $96.98 EA
Description: CONVERGENCE MODULE BP95-00146 Core/DUD Value: $0.00
WAS BP95-00156A Total Price: $96.98 EA
Vendor: SAMSUNG Suggested Retail: $145.48 EA
On Hand: INVENTORY AVAILABLE IN MARYLAND AND FLORIDA
ETA: FOR IMMEDIATE SHIPMENT

Tritronicsinc!

$150 to buy for less than $100?
ockoerner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok so i looked up these BP95-00146 but the are so many types and i dont have the sevice guide so i dont know what one it is. the f,c,g, what ever it is. hummmmm
minnie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to www.tritonicsinc.com and enter your model #. Or enter the Original part #.
dreyfus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:19 am    Post subject: Samsung convergence problem Reply with quote

For Minnie?

I seem to have the same problem as ockoerner. I have replaced the convergence ICs and no change. The guns won't move. Is there a way to ensure that I have completed the solders correctly? Also, in looking at the tritronicsinc site there are two items related to the convergence; the convergence amp board and the digital convergence board. Which is which. I don't want to go down the long road of spending a lot of money.

Thanks.
minnie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Convergence amp board. The DCU stores the data. Did you go into the service mode and see if the colors move after replacing the ic's?
melkiades

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have an HCL473W and three days ago the convergence problem started. A repair guy came and changed a small piece of equipment (smaller than a credit card) and then told me "I have bad news, that didn't work and now I have to change the convergence module". He pulled it out and showed it to me and it is a small board.

Could someone help me identify the part number for that board? He said it would cost me $450 + his time to reconfigure the TV because when you change that, it resets the whole set.

Is this true? Could I save some $$ by purchasing the part, reinstall it myself and then call them to configure the settings?

Is this the part I should order?
http://www.tritronicsinc.com/cgi-bin/onramp.exe?pgm=itemdet_cs.bbx&id=BP95-00146S&custnum=RETAIL&password=1170446520

Tritronics is not Samsung authorized, so they are now allowed to show me a picture of that board - they say they don't have the manuals.

Thank you,
Melkiades

minnie wrote:
Convergence amp board. The DCU stores the data. Did you go into the service mode and see if the colors move after replacing the ic's?
melkiades

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should add also that I just called these people:

http://www.partstore.com/sl/lamps-batteries-remotes/479258060-Samsung-BP95-00146S-CONV-PCB.html

And they told me that the BP95-00146S is not for the HCL473W but that they do have the convergence PCB available for that model but...that the part number is secret, they will not give it to me????

Don't you find that unbelievable?

Cheers
Melkiades
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия