electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Sony TRV318 Help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jj98_99

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: Sony TRV318 Help Reply with quote

I hadn't used tghe camera for a while and when I wanted to use it that is waht happend:

I wanted to record something.
streaking blurring lines could only be seen, I could tell the CCD was working when I got my hand across it, there was movement on the lines.
Thinking something maybe stcuk, I tapped on the lens a bit and it started working but very blurry and a lot of green
It stopped working soon again and I couldn't get it back working again.
Thinking the CCD may be stuck or tilted I opened the camera and tapping the lens block assembly it worked again, but still blurry and green.
I took the lens off on the lens block assemly and the littel lens inside was moving back and forth with the wide and tele switch.
Anyway, I was too curious and snapped the lens out and of course broke a little plastic part that holds the lens against the lead srew. WOW I wonder how they build these things, I am totally impressed.
Anyway I think the CCD on this thing is bad and I need a new lens block assembly. Is the CCD part of the lens block assembly and how hard is it to replace it and most important how expensive is something like that.
I appreciate greatly any insite and information.
Ahh, one more thing. What is the best way to convert the analog tapes to digital with decent resolution. I have a TV card with a philips chip that is a few years old, is that still the best?

Thanks

JJ
minnie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Camcorders suck to repair. I would contact Sony to see what they would charge you.
vtech

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That model falls under the class action due to faulty CCD's that was used on
several brands. Had to do with type of of glue used in manufacturing the CCD device. There were countless number of camcorders involved , hence the class action. Not sure if you could do anything since the time frame has passed; ---otherwise it is definitley not worth messing with.

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_BrowseCatalog-Start?CategoryName=hid_legalnotice
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия