electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Sony TV - KV-27S36 - audio with no picture - FIXED!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keithf

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:09 am    Post subject: Sony TV - KV-27S36 - audio with no picture - FIXED!!! Reply with quote

Hi, my first post. A BIG BIG thanks to the experts on this board - you provided the fix for my tv problem! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I'll recap the detail so some-one with the same problem (I believe it's common to Sony TV's) can hopefully fix their TV too:

I have a Sony TV - KV 27S36 - it's worked great since 1998. However, for the past few weeks, 3 minutes after turning it on, it would lose picture but the audio continued. Turning it off and then on, sometimes restored the picture.

Just before the picture dissapeared, the picture would lose vertical sync for a few seconds - it seemed to get squished from the bottom up and then dissapear. While this was happening, a smack to the side of the TV would restore the picture temporarily. After a few minutes of smacking, the TV would then continue to work.

We finally grew tired of smacking the TV each night. I'm a computer guy, so I know a little about electronics. I opened up the TV, after letting it discharge overnight. I suspected a dry joint in the vertical sync area, and scanned all the joints on the boards with no luck.

I then googled and found this site which said to resolder the vertical IC - http://forum.eserviceinfo.com/viewtopic.php?t=5433&highlight=sony. Even though this was a different model TV, it seemed to be the same issue.

But I did not know which chip is the vertical IC. So I googled and found a service manual. I then resolded the vert chip (IC 561) and the problem is gone.

Thanks Experts! Happy New Year! Now I don't have to buy an expensive flat panel TV. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
minnie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flat panel would crap out on you anyways! Even if you bought the service man. and you still found this place, you saved about $200 +. Glad to hear fixes found here. Too bad the mods don't think so. Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had exactly the same symptoms on my 10 year old Sharp TV. The last time it happened, hitting the cabinet didn't work and the set died. I found the horiz output transistor shorted. I replaced it, the vertical output IC and 2 electrolytics beside the vertical out IC. But still no dice. The power supply whines and I found a shorted power zener. Changed it together with the power IC module and the error voltage amplifier for good measure, and the set's as good as new.
minnie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия