electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
L G plasma

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redskel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: L G plasma Reply with quote

hi any one got any ideas how to fix this lg mz42pz14 42"plasma,the power supply comes off s/by for 4or 5 seconds then reverts to s/by again with the internal led on the power supply flashing 5 times ,ive ditched all the Vs and Va supplies plus other ancillary supplies but nothing gets it to stay on ,i guess the power supply is u/s but i need some pointers ,any ideas folks? Very Happy
electric eel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May be of help.......................

My problems with LG plasma tv PDP42V5 using DGK-420W ( DGK420W revA) power supply pcb.
This PSU is also used in a lot of other brands of plasma screens, and can give problems after 2 to 3 years of use.
My own problem... no picture, sound ok. Green LED on psu board flashing 6 times (5 x short 1 x long pulse) .
On turn on, relay pulls in, 5V DC ramping up OK, 65V DC (VA) ramping up ok, 190V DC (VS) starts to rise,then fails, relay

drops out, and fault LED comes on flashing, and 5V, 65V and all other supplies lost.
SOLUTION (for me).....
Capacitor "C97" 1uf 630V DC blown (stinking!) polypropylene capacitor 1uF 630V DC. (Also look for slight swelling of sides

on this type of capacitor indicates faulty capacitor).
Circuit diagram shows this capacitor as a 2.2uF 630V DC ??? wrong capacitor fitted at factory?.
Replaced capacitor with correct type 2.2uF 630V DC polypropylene ( note.. MUST use high specification type capacitor,

example.. WIMA type MKP10 specially designed for switch mode psu type applications).
Plasma TV is now working ok.

Other capacitor to suspect in case of PSU problems would be "C19" 1uF 630V DC polypropylene.

Resources..............

Similar Plasma tv which uses same PSU ....service manual pdf.....
http://www.belson.es/descargas/Esquemas%20Belson%20Chile/BSV-4251A%20SERVICE%20MANUAL.pdf

Circuit Diagram for DGK-420W psu board... pdf available at......
http://rolsen.ru/content/tech/POWER_Schematics.pdf

Lg Acadamy "secret" website for LG brand Plasma tv's.....

http://136.166.4.200/contents/Files/Displays/PDP/

I HOPE THIS INFORMATION IS OF HELP TO YOU, please feel free to pass it on to other help forums.
I you manage to fix your equipment with this info please email me to let me know I've been of some help at....
spamandeggs(at)tiscali.co.uk

Good Luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия