electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
JVC AV-3551S Any info on this model

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kookoo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:26 am    Post subject: JVC AV-3551S Any info on this model Reply with quote

Does anyone have any info on this model. Can't find anything online. ESI didn't have anything either. I have an older JVC television model# AV-3551S 35" made in 1991. The set will not come on. I hear a relay click and see the power LED come on and then go off. Has no screen or sound. Is there a certain capacitor that would cause this? I have spent hours with online research and the newer models that have this same problem require the changing of the 1000uf35v capacitor at C926. I am convinced through hours of searching that my board doesn't have a C926 nor does it have any capacitors with this value. Any help would be greatly appreciated. [email protected]
[email protected]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:48 am    Post subject: Same trouble with same model of TV Reply with quote

I saw that you have the same type of televison that I have, and am wondering if you have had any luck with finding out any information on trying to fix this problem??? Mine will come on and stay on for a while, and then will "turn" itself off...??? The red light stays on, but no sound or picture... If you have any information, could you please help me out???

Thank you for your time

Lafe Mason
[email protected]
alan2990

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got the SAME model and same problem as you guys. Been looking online for several days with no success. TV turns on and then shuts off as quickly as within a few minutes to as long as a few hours. The relay can be heard when trying to power back on via remote or power button, but no picture, no sound. After it shuts off, TV will power up by itself within several minutes.

Since the TV is able to turn itself back on automatically, can this be just a bad relay?

The funny thing is when the tv shuts itself down, I can sometimes turn it back on by flicking the power button repeatedly. The remote will not turn the tv on during this "shutdown" period. This leads me to believe the problem is further down the path...the relay.

I've opened up the tv and tried to look for the relay, but I don't really know what to look for and where. Don't know if the relay is in its own little enclosure with "RYxxx" printed on the circuit board, or if its an actual unenclosed circuit with diode, resistors, and npn transistor.

Any insight by anyone would be great.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The relay is doing what it's supposed to do and is not your problem. This could be:
(1) a solder (connection) problem in the horizontal sweep
(2) overvoltage or overcurrent shutdown
(3) xray protect

This problem takes a fair amount of knowledge in troubleshooting shutdown problems along with the equipment to and service literature to do it. Since your problem is intermittent and not in a "total failure mode, this in the "more difficult" area of dagnosis as you have a component or situation that is in "marginal" failure.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия