electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Picture Squished thinly in middle of Toshiba

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KindaSmartGuy2005

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: Picture Squished thinly in middle of Toshiba Reply with quote

I hope someone can help, if not, ill have to go get it fixed somewhere. Anyways, i just got a 32 inch Toshiba from a friend and it doesnt work correctly. I hooked my Xbox up to it, and it has fine sound and all, but the picture i very squished in the middle, there are also lines above the thin picture. If i move the controller around i can see things barely move on the inside of the picture but it is soooo small. I have no idea what to do, what is wrong with it?
KindaSmartGuy2005

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yea, the line is horizontal, i dont know if you need to know that to fix it, but i thought i'd just throw it out there

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's vertical collapse
KindaSmartGuy2005

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, thanx, am i able to fix it somehow....? Or do i have to go to a repair shop and have it fixed? Im sure i need to take it in, but i figured i should check first
Xweebie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like a bad electrolytic capacitor in the vertical circuit. You would have to know about the circuitry to pinpoint it. It should be located by the vertical output IC. This IC would most likely look like a flat black rectangle shape with a metal tab (heatsink) on top of it. It may be mouted on (screwed to) an aluminum heatsink. Once you find what you think is the output IC, you can check the part # on the web to see if you got the right one. You can visually inspect all capacitors around this IC. Look for goop or moisture around them to see if any are leaking. You could take a guess and try changing them. If you change them, take note of their polarity and temp rating. AND be careful in there, if you're not sure, read up on safety precautions when working inside. It could be some other things also, like the IC itself, but most cases like that are capacitor.
larry

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:59 pm    Post subject: VERT:PROBLEM! Reply with quote

CRACK OPEN THE SET!(BESURE TO HAVE THE SET UNPLUG)..,UNSCREW THE FLAT CIRCUIT BOARD , AND FLIP IT OVER TO THE SOLDER JOINT'S.LOOK FOR VERT WORD ON THE BOARD. CHECK THE AREA FOR ANY LOOSE CONNECTIONS, IF THERE IS SOLDER IT! IF NOT A CAPACITOR FILTER IS THE PROBLEM! I NORMALY TAP THE CAPACITORS ON VERT SECTION OF THE BOARD! TILL I FIND WHICH ONE MAKES THE PICTURE BOUNCE! THEN REPLACE! TRY IT, YOU'LL SAVE YOUR SELF SOME MONEY!......... Question
KindaSmartGuy2005

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, lol. You seem really smart, a lot smarter than me, especially in how the telelvision and other electronics work, i will just take it in to have it repaired. Thanks again.
xalds

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:34 am    Post subject: vertical line Reply with quote

send it to me i charge u 25 dollars and u can wait a few minutes and it back to normal its a simple job
smallcent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:21 pm    Post subject: vertical collapse on Samsung TV Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
It's vertical collapse

I also have the horizontal line in the middle of my screen. This happened several months ago but "corrected itself"???

If I take this to a repair shop, how much should I expect to pay?

(Cleveland, OH)
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия