electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
philip 55pp9401 convergence
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enough2bdangerous

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:10 am    Post subject: PM Reply with quote

Minnie I click on PM and I'm brought to a user name and password page. Do I have to join the site? If so I will try. I don't recall ever signing up I kinda just started posting.
minnie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sent, let me know when you get it.
enough2bedangerous

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:18 am    Post subject: Looking Good Reply with quote

Hey Minnie!!!!! I replaced the two IC'S along with the six resistors using your PDF and the set works fine now. I ordered the IC's from B&D as you suggested it was an easy transaction. I just have one small problem with this set and I don't know if its worth repairing because I causes no problems right now, (I thought replacing the IC'S would actually take care of it) but when I turn the set off the red power indicator light stays on suggesting the set is still on but it's not. What do you think does it need to be addressed. Minnie thanks for your help clearly you know your TV's.
minnie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going by memory relay S901/#FJ00142 smack it w/the plastic end of the screw driver. It will go off but, replace it. It can cause long term problems.
enoughtobedangerous

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:29 am    Post subject: Relay. Reply with quote

Minnie I hope the reply was to me on the power light issue. Can you tell me where to look for the locations of these relays, would they be labeled and in the area of the actual power light? If I locate it and give it a rap with the screwdriver and the light goes out would that be conclusive of which relay is the problem child?javascript:emoticon('Rolling Eyes')
Rolling Eyes
minnie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The relay is labeled S901. As the convergence IC's are labeled IK04 and IK05. So the component location is S901 on the power supply board.
enoughtoobdangerous

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:58 am    Post subject: s901 Reply with quote

Ok minnie Ill check it out if it clears up or not after giving it a rap ill still just replace it. Is their anything special about ordering a new relay and replacing it, like anything else I should check for, ie resistors/caps etc? Very Happy
minnie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naw, just order part #FJ00142.
enoughtwobdangerous

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:35 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Cool Beans, this has been really interesting thanks again...javascript:emoticon('Very Happy')
Very Happy
seangrichards

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Minnie / someone help Reply with quote

I replaced the two IC's and fuses and my picture comes on, but the 3 colors are too far out to converge. From other postings, I understand the resistors under the heatsink for the STK392... go bad and need changed. Indeed every 4.7Ohm (24 total) were +50% high when I removed and tested them. My question is what watt resistor do I need to replce with?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия