electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
LG CTV faulty

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tv tech retired

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: LG CTV faulty Reply with quote

My LG CTV RE-28FZ30RQ randomly goes to stand by
powering up with remote produces a single click then silence
ie no ticks orwhistles after about 40 mins i canpower up
the tv is ok Help apppreciated
Dave
carcus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have only repaired about half a dozen or so of the RE-28FZ30RQ from memory ...... i'm sure this is the model that suffers dry solder joints on the pins of the flyback transformer most often and also the rivets on the PCB where the flyback is soldered in ....

if so you will have to move the PCB from the chassis and re-flow the flyback with plenty of solder on and around the pins and on and around the outer edges of the rivets ... a good magnifying glass with good lighting will often be required to even be able to see these dry joints sometimes as it's around the outside and under the rivets that go dry jointed and cannot always been seen with the naked eye .....

also on this model the internal capacitor inside the flyback transformer also goes faulty sometimes and i have had 2 or 3 of these faulty but in these cases i found the set was permantly in this state and would not start up later so it suggest dry joints in this particlar case above ....

on monday or tuesday i will check the service manual for notes on this model and verify weather or not all of the above is true in my experiance of this model and if in any case i have found any other problems relating to this issue.........
carcus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK i checked and the ones i have worked before are the RE-28FZ10's

but i checked and the RE-28FZ30RQ has the same flyback transformer and i don't mind betting the same rivets where it's fitted to the PCB ... so if i had one of those here myself i'm sure thats where i would still be headed at first ... it's well worth a look and for any other possible dry joints in general .... best of luck
tv tech retired

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: lg ctv Reply with quote

thanks Carcus for the info .will check it out sap
will let you know result
Cheers
Dave
carcus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no problem dave Very Happy

yeh please do let me know how you get on with it

Cheers

Carcus
tv tech retired

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:24 pm    Post subject: LG CTV Reply with quote

Hi carcus
BINGO! Finally got round to getting the back off the tv,
soldered round the lopt rivets, SORTED.Award yourself
several brownie points! many thanks
Dave
carcus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing well i'm glad ur all SORTED Dave Very Happy
Dimwit100

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello I too have a LG RE-28FZ30RQ which once turned itself into standby then waited about half an hour to turn back on then about a week later refused to turn on at all.
I followed the advise given about the flyback transformer and it was spot on. Full marks and the cheque is in the post.
But there seems to be a delay after pressing the on button to getting a full picture. I am not sure if this is how it was before or if I just notice it now I am looking more closely at it.
Does anyone elese find this?
And thanks again. :shock:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия