electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Sony KD-28DL11U (FE2D) - 8V error - 11 blinks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Solderburnsagain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Sony KD-28DL11U (FE2D) - 8V error - 11 blinks Reply with quote

Hi, I have a Sony KD-28DL11U that is reporting a code 11 "Jungle Controller 8V error". The Line Output transistor Q533 and driver transistor Q535 are OK but there is no 8V on startup and so the power supply shuts down after about 5s. This fault was intermittent before going hard. +B and Low_B voltages are present at startup but what has me really confused, as I do not service TVs normally, is that IC603 and IC604 plus the associated components used to derive a regulated 8V supply from Low_B are deleted on this chassis. Does this mean that Low_B is used directly as the 8V supply or am I missing something? There is approximately 10k between Low_B and +8. Any guidance here would be greatly appreciated
Code:
Solderburnsagain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Well, it's working again Reply with quote

Well, I am still none the wiser from studying the Sony Service Manual how the 8v supply is supposed to be derived on the cost-reduced version of this chassis, but this particular set is now working again. Installing an 8v regulator in the space where IC603 used to be brought it back into life.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what part no. is the IC ?
Solderburnsagain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: I don't have the Sony part number Reply with quote

The Sony Service Manual for this model does not give the Sony part number for IC603 as it should not be required for the cost-reduced FE-2D chassis. I just bought an industry standard +8V 500ma 3-terminal voltage regulator in a TO220 case (TS78M08CZ) from Maplin in the UK, stock number N16CA
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия