electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Hitachi 50UX58B Dead w/ Red Light
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
o2thx

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minnie wrote:
Is it D940?

Yes, it is D940
minnie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, you took a multimeter and set it to ohms and tested E994. And your positive the pico fuse is good. The blue cap blowing up is normal. You replaced it with the correct part #
Item #: 0244211 Your Price: $1.23 EA
Description: CAP. CERAMIC DE1210R102K2K Core/DUD Value: $0.00
WAS 0244211F Total Price: $1.23 EA
Vendor: HITACHI
AP-7X and 8X CHASSIS
D912 is a red led. Off no I901 B+. On I901 B+. Blinking shutdown.
Replace E994 anyways. I'm looking for a boards for you.
minnie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whole board is nla. I'm back to E994. Has to be open. Looking at it will not tell you if it's good. You have to check it then we'll go on.
o2thx

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minnie wrote:
Whole board is nla. I'm back to E994. Has to be open. Looking at it will not tell you if it's good. You have to check it then we'll go on.

Minnie, you are an electronics genious!

I went ahead and replaced the e994 like you suggested. Plugged it in, the set now works!

Amazing how two little pieces can affect the entire operation of the set like that.

Thank you very much for your suggestions and patience with my questions, I really appreciate it!

So all in all, it was exactly as you thought, both the c707 and the e994. Replaced both of those parts (purchased at http://tritronicsinc.com/) for a total of $12.36 and now I have a working TV that my co-worker gave me because it stopped working! He used that as an excuse to get a new TV.

Thank you Minnie! IM me your email address so I can email you a little thank you gift.
o2thx

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, for anyone else who has this problem, here's the part numbers I ordered:

C707 - Part 0244211 (was 0244211F) - Cap. Ceramic DE1210R102K - $1.83

E994 - Part AZ00104M - Protector (CRXT491002) - $2.58

Also, as a sidenote, I didn't have to completely take the board out of the TV, I just unscrewed the 2 screws that are holding the board in place and pulled the board slightly out of the cabinet while still connected to everything. I had to undo some of the wire restraints to allow me to pull the board out a little farther, but it was enough.

I then just clipped the pieces and left the metal leads sticking up and used those metal leads to solder the new pieces to.

If anyone else finds this thread and eventually fixes their TV due to the efforts of this thread, let me know!

-Peter
[email protected]
minnie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About time you got this fixed!!! Rolling Eyes
wookkp

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:30 am    Post subject: Fixing a Hitachi 50ux58b Reply with quote

I am attempting this same repair. My first road block is pulling the board out of the cabinet. There is a brown and rep wire pair that runs from one of the vertical circuit boards to each of the CRT units. This wire is criss-crossed prventing the board from being pulled out further. Is there a way to disconnect this wire from either the circuit board or one of the CRT's so that I can uncross these wires?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't pull the board all the way out, just pulled it out a little bit enough to get my tools in to where I needed to get them. I figured that it would be too much work to try and unplug everything and take the board out, would have made it more complicated.
hubdadboss

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:08 am    Post subject: same problems Reply with quote

where is the C707 located? I found the E994 easily. I am not big on soldering. I used to do it with speakers when I toured the continental US, but that has been a few years. Is there a way to not have to solder?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Fixed my TV Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. I got a free TV with the EXACT symptoms. Your fix worked like a champ. Thanks again
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 2 of 14

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия