electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Hitachi 50UX58B Dead w/ Red Light
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dharmaone

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had to post. I was given a 60Ux and found this site. I replaced the C707 and E994 and it works!!!!!

Thanks. Unreal! Watching Diehard on my almost free tv.

thanks again!
-fitz
NotFixedYet

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: almost fixed it... Reply with quote

Ok, so I did take the board almost all the way out of the TV (the three main red wires were not unplugged), but I did opt to clip the leads and solder the components topside onto the leads, instead of through hole repair...

The c707 was torn, replaced and the set did not turn on.
The e994 was then replaced, the set turned on! (Partial Success! thanks to all here...)

Problem - the colors are not aligned, similar to the following, imagine that only one line of text is supposed to be displayed on screen, the one line looks like this:
Text
Text
Text

The picture also is horribly be skewed and not aligned horizontally...it is diagonal with color shadows.

Is this a problem symptamatic of the Convergence ICs or is there some setting that I can adjust or should I check the wiring harnesses for possible mis-connects?!?!?

Thanks in advance to all that respond with tips!
minnie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad convergence ic's.
NotFixedYet

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:27 pm    Post subject: Convergence ICs Reply with quote

Ok so I tried the magic focus button, it didn't work.

Minnie: Thanks for the tip on the Convergence ICs.

Question: How many Convergence ICs need replaced and where are they located? (Got pics??!!? Are they surface mount or through hole? Any removal tips?)

What is the best replacement part number, the Stk392-150?

Thanks again!
minnie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/3290/c707pic1ce3.jpg

The heat sink on the far right should have 2 STK392-150's on it. Their held to the heat sink by 2 screws each and you have to unsolder the 18 pins on the bottom side. You also need to check the 6 yolk return resisters.
NotFixedYet

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:03 pm    Post subject: thanks, but more ?s Reply with quote

Thanks Minnie.

Can you please let me know what the designators are for the 6 yolk return resisters (and where they might be)?

Also what should the ohm values be for the resistors? (Incase I can't make out the colors on the bands/validate that they are not opened/shorted with a meter).

Thanks again!
minnie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RK42 2.7 ohm
RK46 2.2 ohm
RK50 3.3 ohm
RK54 2.2 ohm
RK58 3.9 ohm
RK62 3.3 ohm all 1 watt

http://www.csgnetwork.com/resistcolcalc.html
NotFixedYet-Fixed

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject: Fixed it! finally! Reply with quote

Ok so I appreciate all of the tips from Minnie and the site contributors;

So I checked the resistors as stated; none identified as open/shorted, all were within tolerances...

I think that when I unplugged the blue, red, and green wiring harnesses from the main board, I must have misconnected the blue to the green after the C707 and E994 repair.

I say this because the TV barely looked any better after replacing the convergence ICs and reconnecting the wiring cable connectors to the board!!!

I traced down the blue/green/red harnesses and found that the red harness was switched with the blue...

Interestingly enough the skewed color picture snapped right in when the wires were correctly routed and connected....

So - words to the wise, even if you label/write down the connections - double check them!
minnie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But, if you look the three plugs are coted red and blue. Sometimes they mark green. Very Happy
KE8JC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minnie wrote:
Is it D940?

I have a D940 that doesn't light up. The other 4 green and 1 red do light up then go out. Nothing APPEARS defective, and I hesitate to pull any components to test unnecessarily. What next, PLEASE and THANK YOU![/i]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 3 of 14

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия