electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
pioneer receiver overload

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goobenet

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:08 am    Post subject: pioneer receiver overload Reply with quote

Anyone know what could cause an overload fault in a pioneer VSX-D509S? Doesn't matter which input i have it on, the overload indicator is always lit after the speaker relay clicks. No sound comes out obviously.

Here's what happened. House was struck by lightning. (i know, bad thing) But it was working for a few weeks after the fact. I plugged in a PC i had around using the digital coax from the sound card and about 30 seconds later i smell burning silicon and the overload light had come on. Turns out my sound card was shot. Sad So, i put voltage over digital ground. I've replaced the 2 5v regulators in the regulator section, and am waiting on the +12 and -12v IC's... Am i even in the right area?

Any ideas?

EDIT: okay, i did some futzing and found out this. Going through the inputs, i selected each one, in every mode. It does not turn on the overload in CDR/DVR, CD, DVD in digital mode or 5ch, TV in digital mode. It does turn on when Video, AUX, CDR in analog, TV in Analog, and tuner.

So, 1/2 works, 1/2 doesn't? Sounds like the input board is fried, but why would things digital work, yet nothing else does? odd.
goobenet

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:11 am    Post subject: digital update Reply with quote

I've tried feeding a DD signal from a dvd player into the digital board, and i get no DD on the stereo. I'm guessing the digital input board is also roasted... Sad
goobenet

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

even more of an update.

I've toyed with it all night trying to see what happens when. Here's what i know. The thing works "fine" in stereo mode. IE no DSP settings, no loudness, no tone control. Just flat. If i turn on loudness, the overload light turns on. If i try to use a prologic DSP, overload. And still, no digital, i'm guessing that board is toast.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия