electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
"Cracked" lcd 32" widescreen tv

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snapyou

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:09 am    Post subject: "Cracked" lcd 32" widescreen tv Reply with quote

I have a Teco 32" lcd tv.
Yesterday,i wanted to check the HDMI connection at the back of the tv.
As it was difficult to see the connection,i placed the tv screen down on a unit.
When I put the tv back upright and switched on ,there appeared to be a "crack"on the screen..NOT a physical one on the screen itself but it seems to be on the lcd display.
There is a picture on the left third and right third but the centre is black with narrow coloured stripes.
You can see the problem here:
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u235/snapyou/brokentv.jpg

Any ideas as to repairs or how this could have happened?Could a bump on it when laying it down caused it?
gary

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE LCD SCREEN HAS BEEN DAMAGED PHYSICALLY. ONLY REPAIR POSSIBLE IS REPLACEMENT OF PANEL, WILL BE VERY EXPENSIVE, PROBABLY DEARER THAN NEW UNIT, TIME TO CHECK YOUR HOUSE INSURANCE FOR ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE, IT WILL HAVE BEEN CAUSED BY A BUMP, A TWIST OR SOMETHING UNDER THE SCREEN WHEN LAY DOWN.
snapyou

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that ,Gary.Was as i thought.
Already been given the 3rd degree from my accidental damage claim to my insurers!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия