electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Philips WidescreenPW9763/05Standby Light Flashing ##UPDATE##

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shaky

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Philips WidescreenPW9763/05Standby Light Flashing ##UPDATE## Reply with quote

Hi, just registered. My TV set has developed a fault where after turning on, it stays OK for about 10 minutes, then turns off & the Standby Light flashes continuously very quickly. Also, if you try to reset it by turning on then off at the power switch on the front of the set, this time to switch off reduces to less than a minute.
The picture on the set is still perfect & although I would love a plasma screen, it seems to be a waste of money to me if the repair wouldn't be too expensive for this fault.
If anybody has any idea's ( especially if the parts are easily obtainable ) I would be grateful.
TIA - Shaky

Last edited by shaky on Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total
gary

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

check for dry joints in the line stage especially around the line drive transformer.
shaky

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the chassis code, it's an md2.22. I also found a bit of advice pointing to checking for dry joints on the 5v panel. After dismantling the set a little bit, I can't seem to find this panel, although there is one called small signal panel. Would this be the one that you are referring to gary ?
Thanks
shaky

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so I've got the LSP ( Large Signal Panel I presume ? ) out & I can't find a V50 connector anywhere. All the connectors on the board are prefixed by the letter L Confused

Also, the LSP is sub-divided into letters & the C section ( according to the manual is the 5V panel ) doesn't have any component marked 2350 ????

The actual telly model is 32PW9763/05, product number is AG009745450044.

Does this look like I've got a prototype or summat ? Laughing
shaky

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scrub my last reply, I've now found the 5v panel, soldered directly to the lsp Embarassed Surprised

I've checked the terminations & they all appear to be Ok but seeing as I used to work in the exhanges at BT & I know that soldered joints can appear Ok when they are actually U/S I'll re-solder them.

Thanks Gary, I'll let you know if it works.
shaky

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No joy with the resoldering unfortunately. Set still switches off & red led flashes continuously. Sad
Is there anything else I could try before I read it it's last rites ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия