electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Vizio L32 tv power supply problem
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
train123

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coming from a board manufacturing background I can tell you that in many cases, the use of BGA's (Ball Grid Array) IC's and FPGA's (Field Programmable Gate Arrays) makes it impractical to repair to board level.
Most tech's don't have the hot air soldering/desoldering equipment to properly replace BGA's and even if you get one installed, you need an x-ray machine to verify that all the balls soldered or did not short out. If you get that far, the new IC will be blank and it takes special equipment and the raw files to program the new IC. In some cases, the ability to program these boards are protected by the removal of JTAG or similar connecting portions of the PCB.
beezer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: discouraging Reply with quote

Seems like Vizio is a mistake. Mine did same thing, worked fine, slowly but surely failed to turn on (amber vizio light went completely dim), but being too busy to disconnect it (its our bed room TV) after about 2weeks the amber light grew brighter. On a whim I pressed power button on side of TV and after a couple of tries (flashed off/on repeatedly) the screen turned on! I knew I should have just left it powered on until it died, but I turned it off and I'm back to square 1. Time to buy another (brand) TV set. P.O.S.[/u]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия