electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Poor vertical linearity (Toshiba 2100TD)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:27 am    Post subject: re; width problem Reply with quote

Dietrich, this ones a little harder, check solder connections in and around the horizontal output transistor, resolder horizontal driver transformer,
(check with bright light and magnifying glass), if solder is good, replace the cap(s) off the collector of the horizontal output transistor, one side of
the cap will go to the collector the other side to the emitter (or ground)
these caps are usually not electrolytics but are generally low value
high voltage mylars, not polarized, (you can put them in either way)
good luck, Larry E
dfahren

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:41 pm    Post subject: @Guest Reply with quote

@guest who recommends to replace all caps of the vertical driver unit
Okay, I agree that might be the best option if you don't own any testers, ocilloscopes and the like.
No I didn't hear any pop. No electrolytic cap explodes. (You must be pretty nasty to those caps to get them exploded in an instant ... Cool )
As you recommend, I will lean away all caps and resistors that seem to be very close to heatsinks (there are a few as far as I remember).
Oh my dear! Replacing all caps that are good for temperatures up to 85°C? Poooh, I want to see some programmes not actually the innards of my tv .... Rolling Eyes I will see to get high degree caps anyway. Thanks for the hint!
Cheers, Dfahren
dfahren

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: @Larry Reply with quote

Larry, thanks for the remark. I will check the connections of the ON4409 (horizontal output driver) and I will resolder the driver transformator (never would have thought of this one, really!) as you said.
As far as the cap of the horizontal output transistor is concerned, I think it must be the C416, 270pF, isn't it? There is another cap C463. It as an exclamation mark next to it which means it is a critical one. I think you don't mean this one, right?
BTW, I replaced C303 and C317 in my tv set and, voilà, the picture has fine linearity like on the first day. However, I notice at the very first inch on the top of the picture that lines are still widely separated. Do you think that some other component also suffered a failure like the zener diode D315, for example?

Cheers, Dietrich

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Hi All!

Thank You for a help! My TV now working good. Very Happy
I found a brown 1uF @50V capacitor behind a heatsink.
Now it's changed and I am very happy! Very Happy
Regards,
Tibor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:28 am    Post subject: capacitors Reply with quote

Dietrich, any of the caps that are in paralell with the horizontal output
transistor could be bad causing insufficient width, you may find that soldering the horizontal driver transistor or the driver transformer will
fix it, as for the vertical at the top you may have to change that diode
or adjust the vertical height/ size pot just a little, I don`t have a service
manual for your model as it is different than the USA sets so the numbers
you are giving me don`t tell me anything, sorry that`s all the info I can
give you, Larry E

Hey Tibor glad you found it, Larry E
ja

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: re; vertical Reply with quote

kjčopi, Idea Idea
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия