electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Green layer on my Toshiba 50H72

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joehp

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:15 am    Post subject: Green layer on my Toshiba 50H72 Reply with quote

New user here, I hope I'm posting on the right forum.

3 years ago, I bought a Toshiba Theaterview HD [Model no.] 50H72 [Chassis no.] TAC 262, everything was fine until the color scheme changes while I was playing my Wii.

It basically looks like a thin green layer is placed on top of the screen, and everything it displays now has some green-biased color. I'm not a good photographer so I could not take any pictures off the screen, however I used the Paint program to illustrate the problem. The pic I attached shows what the screen displays what it is suppose to be pitch black.

[img]http://www.geocities.com/e5588849/toshiba.bmp[/img]

At first I only get this problem when I'm playing my Nintendo Wii, now the problem exists even when I'm watching tv shows and dvd. If I leave the tv off for a long time (12+ hours) then turn it back on, the problem will go away for 5-10 minutes then it becomes green again.

Has anyone experienced this problem? What is the cause of this problem? Did I forget to turn off the tv and something has exploded inside? Is it related to other components connected to the tv (Wii, dvd, vcr) ?

Thanks
Joe
cory

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i found on more than a few toshiba tv that if you carefully check the crt neck boards you will probably find a small crack on one of them.make sure you unplug tv first.if you find a crack you will need to place a jumper or two to repair problem.
minnie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pic you attached is no good.
joehp

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minnie wrote:
Pic you attached is no good.

it didn't get the msg across? I'll try to take an actual picture then.
cory

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you checked the crt neck boards for cracked traces yet.common problem.ive fixed 10 already at least.
minnie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cory wrote:
have you checked the crt neck boards for cracked traces yet.common problem.ive fixed 10 already at least.

Sounds like he's heading towards a convergence issue.
joehp

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cory: I've never opened up a tv in my life, can you tell me what a crt neck board looks like and where could I find it?

Minnie: What is a convergence problem? Can you give me more info on this?
cory

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i saw the picture minnie,green an retrace.dont think it is screen problem because he never moved it or was inside.anyway if you take the speaker grill or grills off.remove front cover,then you will see 3 picture tubes with small square boards attached to the ends of them.these are the neck pcbs.gently pull them down and off(mifgt have to wiggle a bit).then look on the underside(solder-side),maybe with magnafying glass and look for small crack.very hard to see.then fix crack.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия