electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Matsui DVDR100

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe R

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Matsui DVDR100 Reply with quote

Hi,

I've got the above DVD recorder and have had it about 18mths. It doesn't get much use either for recording or playing and everytime I want to record something, I need to refer to the manual (6yr old kids live with their mum LOL). Very Happy

Anyway, like I said, it doesn't get used much and suddenly its just died on me! At first I noticed the time was static and had been for a couple of days. I couldn't re-set the time via the remote control and couldn't switch the player off with the remote or at on the player, so I pulled the plug from the wall. Now the player doesn't show any lights and seems dead. I've done all the usual things like check the power socket and changed the fuse. It just seems very odd that its just died.

Can anyone shed any light on my problem? Confused

Also, the manual doesn't have a helpline number, so if anyone has one, I'd be grateful.

Just for the record, I bought it from the late Dixons but its out of warranty Crying or Very sad

Thanks
Joe
gary

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

change c14, c14a (2200mfd 10v) c18 c19 (1000mfd 16v)in the psu, if that does not restore operation replace all other capacitors in psu.
Joe R

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gary wrote:
change c14, c14a (2200mfd 10v) c18 c19 (1000mfd 16v)in the psu, if that does not restore operation replace all other capacitors in psu.

Ah, I forgot to add 'please keep answers simple' LOL Very Happy

From your answer, I'm guessing its a job for a repair man Confused

Very Happy
gary

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is a very basic repair, if you are not confident do not attempt it, however cost of a new unit and cost of a repair if you take it to a shop will be similar, may be time to cut your loses and by a new set.
Dazzle

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject: matsui dvd recorder r100 Reply with quote

Hi i've also got one of these models and am experiencing similar problems which i feel i have also narrowed down to the psu. But mine seems to have overheated and blown r24 resistor. does this resistor act as a fuse for another component and does anyone know what resistor it is and where I can get one to try a repair. My thinking is that due to the varied output voltages in the psu, that I have suffered some power loss to some components. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Darren.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия