electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Panasonic SAHE 200 ***OVERLOAD***

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wondermik

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:29 am    Post subject: Panasonic SAHE 200 ***OVERLOAD*** Reply with quote

I have a 1.5 year old Panasonic SAHE200 which was a great receiver/amp right up until the time when the warrenty expired.

About a year ago I was lounging and listening when suddenly the system shut itself off and an error message came across the display that read, ***OVERLOAD***. Honestly, this did happen a couple of times before when crankin' up some power hungry heavy metal music but this time I was relaxing to some soothing county music at low volume. I turned the unit around and I noticed that a single wire strand from a speaker cable was grounding against the back of the case. Problem solved...for six months.

Fastforward to a 1 month ago. I'm cleanin' house listening to Diana Krall at moderate volume and, again, ***OVERLOAD***. Checked all the speaker wires and strands carefully and no grounds could be found. So I let her sit unused for a week and fired her up again and she played for about 2 hours and again ***OVERLOAD*** and since then she has refused to get back up.

A local repair house here in San Diego charged me $40 to put her on the bench and called me back two weeks later and said they needed $240 more dollars to repair a "PCB Board."

Can anyone help me with advice or do I now own a $400 paper weight?

Thanks,

SuperMike
bravobrown

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: me too... Reply with quote

Same problem just occurred with my Dad's unit. Did you ever find a fix, or did it turn out to be a shorted IC? In which case, did you just get a new receiver?

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия