electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
GOODMANS LCD MODEL GTV30W

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject: GOODMANS LCD MODEL GTV30W Reply with quote

STANDBY LIGHT FLASHING BUT NO POWER, THIS WAS AFTER POWER CUT!!
jabgatan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: GTV30WLCD Reply with quote

[b]Hi,
Bad news, you need to have the PSU replaced - would cost quite a bit even if you can locate the part.
Try contacting the original supplier or Goodmans to see your luck.
I hope you have tried claiming insurance which is the best approach.[/b]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One very common fault with these 30Ws is the voltage reference diode TL431, they look a bit like a TO92 transistor... one sits right along side the chopper transformer in marked U6... there should another marked U2 also in the power supply section if so changed them both.

In my case you could the power supply ticked, you has to listen real hard and the led flashed amber, U6 is the error sensor for the opto coupler, any problems here and the opto is in trouble shutting the set down, it then tries to start up again and this goes on and on.

The set may well work for a period of time and then revert to tripping, these two diode devices cost 'peanuts'.

David
Leigh Lancashire (UK)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I forgot to mention.
Don't bother trying to get the service manual for the power supply.... the manual shows just a black box...!

Naughty Goodmans expects you to replace the module rather than repair..!

This relates to the GTV30WLCD of course.

David
Leigh Lancs (UK)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: hi. can you help me, please? Reply with quote

Hi, i'm an spanish user. Sorry, my english is very bad . Wink

One friend of mine has the same problem, and he asked me about where to find the power supply scheme of this tv. Can you help us?.

Thank you very much
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия