electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Interlude IL60
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MasterFunk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:11 am    Post subject: I'm having trouble with the manual. Reply with quote

I've tried IE, Firefox, and Chrome. I am having trouble getting the manual download to initiate. If someone has it could you please send it to me at [email protected].

Thank you.
jts1957

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Move your cursor over the words "Get Manual" and click.
Other "Download" buttons are "advertising."
MasterFunk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked back on the website, and today the download link was there (though the page did have some anomalies in Chrome). Thank you JTS.

So specifically from referencing the manual it has a +/-5% resistor. I don't know much about electronics, but I would guess there is no point in buying a better resistor for this one part. I will buy a:

1W 100K OHM 5% Metal Oxide Film

I see Digikey has them for 28-37 cents a piece.

I can't tell you enough how much I appreciate you guys posting this up.
inthehunt2

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:33 pm    Post subject: Making it easier to find the "Get Manual" area of Reply with quote

jts1957 wrote:
Move your cursor over the words "Get Manual" and click.
Other "Download" buttons are "advertising."

Just a word to the newbies on this forum like me... When clicking the link, the "get manual" spot on the webpage is viewable with Firefox but not IE Explorer v9. Just a heads up.
jts1957

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterFunk

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Rattle in sub and maybe a bird Reply with quote

Just wanted to share this with any IL60 owners. I had a intermittent rattle in my right tower sub. I took the woofer out and could hear something rattling behind the dust cap. I was going to remove the dust cap, but couldn't cut the "super glue" w/o damaging the cone, so I stopped. I figured it had to fall out the back if it went in.

After positioning a light fixture on the floor, and laying beside it I saw a little grid inside. It was the screen meant to keep things out. Only now it was loose and the problem. Ten minutes with needle nose pliers, and a coat hanger, I broke it apart and dumped it out. Rattle solved.

Next problem is the same sub chirps (like a metal in metal) when manually pushed forward. It doesn't do it while playing, besides for turn on/off. It is unfortunately a lower volume than the left now. I'm afraid the subs are on their last legs.
inthehunt2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: OK.... New problem.... Reply with quote

OK.... New problem. My subwoofer quit (the one I didn't repair). The R509 resistor is measuring 100K just as it should on the "bad" speaker. Any ideas where else to look? It's the same symptom (volume dial doesn't glow red/green and I have no subwoofer output).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
vtech

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been a while. I used to work on Bash power supplies used on various subwoofer brands.
From what I recall, it seemed like there was either something simple or a major event. The open resistor/fuse etc was considered minor. With Mosfet failures it was more involved.
If I am not mistaking, there should be a bulletin or two in the service pdf that will give you hints
inthehunt2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: I'm digging into it. Reply with quote

Here's what I've found so far. It's the first PWB in the power circuit with the rectifier circuit. Power into the PWB is good. Power out of the PWB is no good.
inthehunt2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия