electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Interlude IL60
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beauvais

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:22 pm    Post subject: w4tedyr6fut7i Reply with quote

qwertdyukg
jener8tionx

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posting to help anyone else trying to fix their IL60 plate amp. While I will admit this basically just follows what the service manual says, here were my steps:

Power Board:
1. Replace the two IRF740 mosfets. I also went ahead and replaced the 22 ohm resistors and the 422 ohm resistors. On one amp I also had to replace the in5242b diodes. Replace the IRF640 mosfets. Visually check the rest of the board for damages components and replace as necessary.
2. Test the power board as described in the service manual and verify an output of ~18-19v.

Linear Board (Output board)
3.First, screw both bias pots closed (counter clockwise).
4. Remove the linear board and test each mosfet for shorts. If any have a short, replace all four. (2 x IRF9540 and 2 x IRF640). For the IRF9540, the part is obsolete, but I found some "Bojack" brand ones on Amazon. I do not recommend mosfets from unverified sources, but they are working for me. Your mileage may vary.

Testing
5. Be sure to use some thermal compound when you put the boards back together and use the transistor insulators where they were at disassembly.
6. Follow the bias procedure. I had 0.0mV when the pots were both counter clockwise. You will see that they are very sensitive, so "eyeballing" this doesn't work. If you are biased to high, you will blow the new transistors and have to start over (ask me how I know!).

Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия