electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Philips VR6585/02 VCR:faulty hifi =>noisy picture&no

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CYBERYOGI =CO=Windler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Philips VR6585/02 VCR:faulty hifi =>noisy picture&no Reply with quote

I bought on eBay a Philips VR6585/02 VCR (German version). I got it mechanically to work, but there are plenty of white stripes and noisy snow in the picture and it does not play hifi stereo audio from cassette. (The "HIFI" icon stays off during playback, thus the hifi audio track is not recognized.)

The strange thing is that the picture noise disappears completely when I either pull out the 7 pin hifi audio head plug at the head drum amplifier or pull the hifi pcb card out of the mainboard (leaving cables connected). Apparently the hifi card outputs interferences that garbles the video picture. There are various cables bridges soldered on the card, those look like when they originally didn't belong there.

The picture noise also disappears when I short pin 6 (counted left to right,yellow cable) at the hifi audio head plug through a capacitor against GND. In this state it can even still record hifi audio (tested by playing it back on a different hifi VCR), but it still won't playback hifi audio.

Does anybody know what is wrong with this VR6585? Is the hifi main IC dead or is it something harmless? I own a quite similarly faulty "Philips VR6785/02" (SVHS variant of VR6585), which also refuses to play hifi sound from cassette (icon stays off), but this one additionally records no picture at all (only snow with mono audio).

Was there a general fault (or self-destruction mechanism) in VCRs of this hardware family that damaged the hifi circuit over time?

An other member of this hardware family was the rare Philips VR 6880/02 (mono VCR with built-in small LCD-TV and first OSD). Mine also contains an empty PCB section for an additional hifi card; I read that apparently a hifi version was released as "VR688005" or "VR6880/05". Does anybody know if it was the same hifi card and if the VR6880/02 could be upgraded to hifi with parts of the other 2 VCRs?

Code:
                        MAY THE SOFTWARE BE WITH YOU!

*============================================================================*
I                  CYBERYOGI Christian Oliver(=CO=) Windler                  I
I         (teachmaster of LOGOLOGIE - the first cyberage-religion!)          I
I                                      !                                     I
*=============================ABANDON=THE=BRUTALITY==========================*

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ripple on power supply
jts1957

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timely reply. Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия