electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Zenith Rear Projection Screen faded / gone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:55 am    Post subject: Zenith Rear Projection Screen faded / gone Reply with quote

Hi, first let me let you know i'm not experienced with tv's much less Rear Projection, mainly deal with smaller electronics that won't kill me for touching the wrong spot Smile.. so bare with me here.

I was just given a Zenith PVR4663MK as it no longer works, this is a tv bought is dated 1996 and it is to my guess it has never been serviced.

I was told the picture Went dark over a period of months to the point where it simply did not show anything anymore.
Sound still works fine, just no picture and no menu, nothing on the screen.
I have yet to open the unit up, but was curious what i should look at first that could resolve the problem, after spending several days researching i've saw suggestions to replace the high voltage tripler, this being only a $100 part I can handle that. but i've saw others talk about blown resisters and various things to units not related to this model, just would like some input, and suggestions on the best way to go about this.

Thanks for your time.
minnie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are modules in this set. Take the front speaker grill off, turn the screen control up and see if your tubes are lit. If they are turn it back down so you don't burn the tube. Your looking to see if your missing horizontal or vertical sweep, ie something is bad on the sweep module. On the inside of the rear cover it will tell you the module #'s.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия