electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Philips 28PW6515-05

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
msu

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Philips 28PW6515-05 Reply with quote

Hello,

There are three problems in a Philips 28PW6515-05 flat screen TV.

1. Sometime a fluctuating pinkish tint appear on the screen, especially when it is hot. Tapping of chassis appears to reproduce and fluctuate this effect. The tint vanishes itself after some time. I suspect a loose connection. Any idea where should I start?

2. I notice a dispersed yellow vertical strip on right hand side (denser near the edge) and a dispersed blue strip on the left-hand side (denser on near the edge).

While TV was running for a few hours I tried to move to a channel with no signal input. The screen was sparkling (white with black tinkle) but it was changing shades from white in the middle, bluish in the left and yellowish in the right to full slight bluish and full slight pinkish.

In short the screen is not giving a very stable colour. However, situation is not so bad if you look at any program. In times one may not even notice any problem.

3. Every time when channel or signal source is changed from one to another say from scart 1 to scart 2 or RF, a loud clicking sound appear.

Any suggestions on possible causes and remedies?

Thanks in advance.
gary

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crt failure is very common on these sets, lightly tap neck of crt , if colour fault is instigated the crt is u/s.
msu

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Further to my earlier post (please see above), there is some change in the situation:

Until few days back it used to start fine but after running for about half-an-hour a fluctuating pinkish tint used to appear on the screen. Tapping of chassis appeared to reproduce and fluctuate this effect. The tint used to vanish when the TV is turned off for about 10 or so minutes.

One day I did not turned the TV off and the picture turned pinkish, then greenish before finally covering the screen permanently with pinkish purple colour with thin horizontal zigzag strips. Now when I start the TV it remains like this with no sound or other effect.

Today I opened the TV. On the main board every thing appears fine. However, on the board attached at the back of the CRT, there are three ICs SDL-4893 TDK-K-M (2 in no) and one SDL-4893 TDK-K-B. They are three legged brownish in colour but the former two have a few darker orangish spots (burnt I think).

Could some one please help with the following:

1. Do these ICs of whatever they are, if burnt, could result in the above symptoms?
2. If yes, how can I check?
3. What is difference between SDL-4893 TDK-K-M and SDL-4893 TDK-K-B?
4. Where can I find SDL-4893 TDK-K-M?
5. Is there any equivalent component?

Thanks a lot.
msu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

msu wrote:
Further to my earlier post (please see above), there is some change in the situation:

Until few days back it used to start fine but after running for about half-an-hour a fluctuating pinkish tint used to appear on the screen. Tapping of chassis appeared to reproduce and fluctuate this effect. The tint used to vanish when the TV is turned off for about 10 or so minutes.

One day I did not turned the TV off and the picture turned pinkish, then greenish before finally covering the screen permanently with pinkish purple colour with thin horizontal zigzag strips. Now when I start the TV it remains like this with no sound or other effect.

Today I opened the TV. On the main board every thing appears fine. However, on the board attached at the back of the CRT, there are three ICs SDL-4893 TDK-K-M (2 in no) and one SDL-4893 TDK-K-B. They are three legged brownish in colour but the former two have a few darker orangish spots (burnt I think).

Could some one please help with the following:

1. Do these ICs of whatever they are, if burnt, could result in the above symptoms?
2. If yes, how can I check?
3. What is difference between SDL-4893 TDK-K-M and SDL-4893 TDK-K-B?
4. Where can I find SDL-4893 TDK-K-M?
5. Is there any equivalent component?

Thanks a lot.

After some internet search it appears that SDL-4893 are delay line components (most probably coils) and therefore their removal altogether does not make any difference to colour problem.

I tried to tap all circuit boards and the crt neck with plastic rod but no variation at all.

Is it possible that one colour is not coming has stopped coming and that is why the whole screen is stuck on purplish with zig zig pattern?

If yes, what should I check and on what board?

On channel change, front led changes shade but no effect. No sound etc.

Thanks a lot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия