electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Apex PF3230 Television Lost 3" on top and 3" on Bo
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sierra99

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am getting the ic tomorrow ....should I look at any other component??? like a resistor or a diode that may fry this new chip or do I sound ok....I just want
to check everything..Thanks for the help.
minnie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start with the vertical ic for now.
sierra99

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replace vertical ic and STILL have lost the top and bottom 2-3 inches of the screen......Like the pic is shrunk down into a letterbox format. The only problem is that I do not have the option to change the aspect ratio anywhere.

I have changed out so far:

1 vertical ic tda8350
3 electrolytic capacitors

What next????

Thanks for the help......
minnie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is your source? Is it ok in 16X9?
sierra99

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My source is just basic cable 4:3. I was watching a nascar race last sunday and everything was normal. Then I lost the top and bottom 2-3 inches. My raster is also missing the top and bottom 2-3 inches. When I put in a letterbox DVD and set the DVD player for 16x9, I get the top and vottom 2-3 inches solid dark black and then the rest of the picture is normal. There is no way to get and raster or picture of any type in the top ans bottom 2-3 inches.

I do not have a setting on the tv to choose a 16x9 aspect.
sierra99

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed...............or never broken.

Some genuis from Apex decided to make a remote control for this tv and add dvd controls on the bottom to control a Apex dvd. On this Dvd tv remote there is a little red button that has nothing on it because it is worn away. I looked for this remote and I did find a picture and the red button is labeled "FULL", I hit that button and Shazzzaaaammm I get a full picture. I know for a fact that we were not touching the remote at all and the tv went in normal mode (which is letterbox). the other option is "wide" mode which is what I consider normal mode at 4:3.

There is no settings at all in the piture or setup in this tv other than this red button.

But anyway I did get some great help, replaced 2 capacitors that would go bad very soon. thanks for the help Minnie.

And I learned alot about a tv, which I have never taken apart before. But I do work on pc motherboards, my aiwa 5 disc cd changer and others

Thanks again for all the help Minnie
minnie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you got it. So you had you 4X3 picture in the 16X9 mode. Shit happens and when you do lose your vertical deflection which you will, you get it handled! Very Happy
charleslefevre

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: i had the same problem Reply with quote

had the same problem.. and there shouldnt be anything wrong with your TV. there should be a red widescreen button on your remote that switches the feature on and off. i blamed my entire family until i figured out the little mistake.
cl

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: oops Reply with quote

didnt see the second page of posts! glad its fixed! i am a little late anyway!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия