electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
philips tv picture blur please help a.s.a.p

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pointbreakuk2612

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: philips tv picture blur please help a.s.a.p Reply with quote

hello,
I am after some help with my 4year old philips 32pw9618 100hz flat screen tv.I have noticed that the picture became blurred a few days ago and has now got worse.So bad that i can't read the text when bringing up listings on sky.I have spoke to a few people and they have given me conflicting advice.All i want to know from someone with a bit more knowledge on this sort of thing is does it sound like the tube is on its way out or any other expensive repair.I know that my current tv is not a plasma or lcd but it does me fine,but i dont want to throw money away at it when i could put it towards a new tv.Or could my problem be something that is a bit out of calibration and needs tweaking.
also if i do need a tv should i get lcd or plasma???i would spend upto around £1300 and like the look of the philips ambilght models,but are they any good???Also i am thinking of buying a xbox 360 or ps3 soon so is there any tv or brand of tv that i should go for if needed???

Thanks in advance Smile Sad
minnie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's focus control on the flyback, if adjusting that doesn't clear it up, yup, bad tube. Picture looks smeared, funky color, ect.
gary

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

had 2 of those sets recently where the poor focus was caused by the line output transformer itself, the focus controls having hardly any effect, set has a twin focus loptx, ie 2 focus controls at the top and 1 screen control at the bottom, both transformers were marked 1392.9005C. if not that will be as minnie suggested a crt failure.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Philips model #60PP9202, Chasis #DPTV305F. I recently changed the convergence I/C's on my 60 inch projection screen HDTV. It has worked great for about 6 months, no problems at all. Here the other day when I walked in the room the screen was blank and I heard a chirping/beeping noise coming from the set. I am an electronics tech, but I do not know much about tv's, however I am very familiar with semiconductors and most all other electronic components, just not some of the tv parts, so please feel free to speak on a technical level. I unplugged some cables and powered on and off to try to isolate where it was coming from. The chirping is coming from the middle board in the set. However when I unplug the back connection from the convergence board to the middle board, I assume high voltage power board, and power back on the chirping stops. Also when I isolate the convergence board the tubes power up and my screen comes up white, only for a few seconds. I was wondering if the convergence i/c's could have gone out again, or if something else on the convergence board would load it down. could it be the power going to the convergence board. I have checked all fuses resistors and diodes on the middle board and they all seem to be ok. I noticed there are some fets on the middle board. I noticed another multipin semi conductor in the area of the convergence i/c's. Any help would be appreciated......Have a great day! I'll be spinning in circles until I find something or someone maybe can point me in the right direction My 60" TV had too good of a picture to get rid of, another 60" costs tons of money now....HELP!!!! I know I can fix it if I can just find the problem!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия