electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
TV and DVDR compatability

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject: TV and DVDR compatability Reply with quote

This might be a really stupid question but are there issues with compatability for TVs and DVDRs?

I bought a Philips 3380 DVDR at the weekend and proceeded to connect it to my (oldish) Sanyo 25MT1 tv. When watching tv the picture is fine but when I change to the AV channel and switch the DVDR on the picture is slightly fuzzy with a bit of static.

I then tried the DVDR with a (slighlty newer) Sanyo 14MT2 and it worked! I have also tried using a different scart lead with the old Sanyo but to no avail.

Is it a compatbility issue with the tv and DVDR or is there something simple I'm overlooking?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try selecting on the DVD menu from composite video to RGB mode to see if situation improves if using a scart lead. I have had problems in the past also using gold plated leads unless the sockets are gold plated.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try selecting on the DVD menu from composite video to RGB mode to see if situation improves if using a scart lead[/quote]

It's me with the problem again! I can't find any such option on the DVD menu.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This option may only show without a disk inserted.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Philips the DVD has this option on scart socket 1 but has to be selected from the menu. CVBS is composite video.

Connectivity
Front / Side connections : Audio L/R in, CVBS in, i.LINK DV in (IEEE1394, 4-pin)
Rear Connections : Digital coaxial out, Analogue audio left / right out, RF antenna in / TV out, Composite video (CVBS) output, S-Video out, SCART1 (CVBS, RGB out), SCART2 (CVBS, RGB in)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the t.v menu to see if it has the required RGB input option.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия