electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
JVC AV3590S video issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
n5xmt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:42 am    Post subject: JVC AV3590S video issue Reply with quote

I have a JVC AV3590S television. Complaint when I received it was that the Tuner did not work. I opened it up, cleaned it, re-seated all the boards,connectors etc. Powered it on. Tuner worked fine, scanned the cable, made sure everything was working, applied video and audio to video 1 and 2 inputs and selected those, worked great. Let it burn in for an hour or so, still working. Put the back on it, and lugged it up to my upstairs living room. Hooked it up, turned it on, watched about 2 hours of TV, turned it off and went to dinner... When I returned, I turned it on and got about 20 minutes of watching, then the screen went black. Sound still works, and you can see the raster in the background. Using the remote or the front panel controls, The display is working as the text all shows up fine. if I switch between inputs, the sound switches, but the video stays blank. Is there a common problem that may cause this, or is this one I need to really dig for? if I have to dig, I am assuming the PIP or PIP Interface will be the problem.
Thanks in advance,
Dave
n5xmt

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's fixed...
Cold solder joint on the - lead of D901, the 5V PS bridge rectifier on the PIP Interface board... 10 minutes to fix a free 35" TV with a beautiful picture!

On to the toshiba next...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия