electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Sony Kv-G21Q1 ,HOT problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tedy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:57 am    Post subject: Sony Kv-G21Q1 ,HOT problems Reply with quote

My Sony KVG21Q1 was dead that power was ok but it was having tik-tik sound , when i checked HOT it was shorted so i changed the HOT & also i checked some resistors & diodes in that area but they were ok SO i changed only the Horizintal transistor and the Tv was ok. It was working normaly but after nearly 8-10 hours it was dead & back again to the tik-tik sound & when i checked i saw the HOT transitor was shorted, I changed it & the TV worked again for the same hours & it was dead again. So can u plz help me with it, specially what's making the Horizontal transitor shorted. ( i checked resistors & diodes in that area , but they r ok).
Teddy
tomas

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject: reply Reply with quote

see for any bad contact at deflection yoke and driver transformer
Did you replaced the line transistor with a original one ?
cory

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not familiar with this model but check horizontal drive transformer and transistor for poor solder connections.usually it will shut off from time to time and come back on by itself.
Engineer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello;

I have the same problem and the workshop of Sony they dont know how to solve it, but different version of TV: see my problem

Sony KV-EF29 when we switch on, sometime you will hear the sound of tik-tik sometimes No, and no picture display and the TV will switch on and switch off tell you will hear a sound like bombing. Sony workshop say the problem from the control board, but still they dont specify the problem. So did you have any solution or idea.
gary

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sony tvs can be very fussy about the transistors in the line stage, best to use only genuine devices and dont forget the heat sink compound.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have checked everything around the horizontal transistor but it's ok. Only the Horizontal transistor is shorted & when i change it the Tv works only fro 6-10 hours & then the horizontal transitor is shorted again and is out of use & so i have to change another horizontal transistor. So what can possibly the fault. help plz
Teddy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:01 am    Post subject: Sony Kv-G21Q1... shorting the Horizontal transistor Reply with quote

My Sony KV-G21Q1 was having no sound & pic, just only tic-tic sound then I have checked everything around the horizontal transistor but it was ok, Only the Horizontal transistor was shorted & when i change the HOT the Tv worked but only from 6-10 hours & then the horizontal transitor was shorted again and is out of use & so i have changed another horizontal transistor, but again this also worked for 10 hours & then it was shorted. So what can possibly be the fault which is making the HOT shorted. help plz
Teddy
gregon

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 3:43 am    Post subject: solution to the HOT shorting Reply with quote

Plz change the High power Ceramic capacitors in an around the HOT line. If these tend to be open, HOT's will tend to blow up and sparks to fly from the HT line which could explain the tic tic sound.
DO NOT GO TO CHECK THE CAPACITORS JUST CHANGE THEM
take care

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tik tik sound makes because of dry capasitors or chanced value capasitors. possibly tr and defect resistors too. But mostly capasitors.. Chance primer and seconder capasitors and try again.
Mushtaq Khan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
tik tik sound makes because of dry capasitors or chanced value capasitors. possibly tr and defect resistors too. But mostly capasitors.. Chance primer and seconder capasitors and try again.

Dear,
Resold the horz.Transistor and driver stage.And open the zenor diod on the base of driver Tr.

Mushtaq Khan
KHAN TV CENTRE.
[email protected]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия