electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
JVC DV camcorder tells me the lens cap is on, when i's not!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
switchex123

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: JVC DV camcorder tells me the lens cap is on, when i's not! Reply with quote

JVC DV camcorder tells me the lens cap is on, when i's not!

i have a JVC mini camcorder which recently started acting up .. when i start taping, the screen shows a message saying the lens cap is on.. any idea what can fool the camcorder in thinking there is a lens cap when it fact it has been removed? is there a light sensor issue? Any way i can fix it? TY.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

check around the lens to make sure their isn't a really small button that the lens cap press when it is on, and depress when the lens cap is taken off, if it has it could just be sticking.

Hope this helps

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi mate,
please note with most models of these cameras as long as you have proff of purchase jvc will repair it for free up to 1st october 2007. give them a ring on 08703305000 and see if your model is covered or do a google search for your model and lens cap error, you should find a jvc press release with all affected models on, hope this helps, let me know how you get on, Jon.
Si Clarke

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:06 pm    Post subject: Lens Cap problems with JVC camcorders Reply with quote

If u receive an error with your JVC camcorder stating "lens cap on" when it is not then contact JVC.
They have identified an error with the CCD sensor and will repair it for free (even if it is out of warranty). Call them on 08703305000 for your nearest authorised service centre.
It did the job for me.
Si
Skelmersdale, Lancashire, UK
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия