electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
tortuous tv trouble update please advise

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrewK

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject: tortuous tv trouble update please advise Reply with quote

If you recall, I had posted earlier regarding my model CF32E50 (chassis TAC9516) Toshiba TV. upon recommendation i have checked all the pins on the verticle IC and none seem to be in any sort of bad shape. However, all over the board, there are redish-rust like smears around solder joints, which i assume is burnt rosin? that they did not clean off in the manufacturing process.??? I am not sure. anyway, i took a couple good pictures of the main board and was wondering if I could send them to one of you to breifly look at. In the pictures I have highlighted the verticle IC and also what I think are trouble spots on the board. I am really anxious about trying to solve this problem as I have already spent a great deal of time researching it. If someone on this forum could please take a look at my pictures and let me know what you think I would greatly appreciate it. if you post your email adress I will send them immediatley or if you don't wish to post your email adress please send me a private message. thank you in advance.

i appreciate all your help
Jenko

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: tortuous tv trouble update please advise Reply with quote

DrewK wrote:
If you recall, I had posted earlier regarding my model CF32E50 (chassis TAC9516) Toshiba TV. upon recommendation i have checked all the pins on the verticle IC and none seem to be in any sort of bad shape. However, all over the board, there are redish-rust like smears around solder joints, which i assume is burnt rosin? that they did not clean off in the manufacturing process.??? I am not sure. anyway, i took a couple good pictures of the main board and was wondering if I could send them to one of you to breifly look at. In the pictures I have highlighted the verticle IC and also what I think are trouble spots on the board. I am really anxious about trying to solve this problem as I have already spent a great deal of time researching it. If someone on this forum could please take a look at my pictures and let me know what you think I would greatly appreciate it. if you post your email adress I will send them immediatley or if you don't wish to post your email adress please send me a private message. thank you in advance.

i appreciate all your help
Jenko

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: tortuous tv trouble update please advise Reply with quote

Resolder the ic to start with ,do a good job ,no bridges.then if that does not fix it check to see if you have b+ on the ic there should be a couple of pins with around 24 volts on them,if not check for open b+ resister,if you find an open resister replace the resister and ic .Then you should replace caps around vert that have values like 100u or 220u .on toshiba ,I can never rember model numbers ,but on some models there are two red colered caps 1u or 2u.one of them is close to the vert ic the other is near the middle of the bord.use a hair dryer to heat the ckt look for the red caps they almost look brown in some cases.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия