electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
PC power supply suggestion ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
abdtk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: PC power supply suggestion ? Reply with quote

Hello all,
I have problem with my PC power supply it mentioned 450W when i,m connecting addetional HDD, the PC won,t start on disconnectig the HDD PC get start,i tried with other HDDs but result is same, i think the power supply is under watt,it is not supplying the proper wattages,so please kindly tell me how can i upgrade this supply, to get more power.
Load on supply is , 1 HDD, VGA card with fan,flopy drive,DVD rom,
waiting for earlier responce.
Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: PC power supply suggestion ? Reply with quote

Assuming it is connected correctly and this power unit operated normally before hand It could just be the capacitors are tired but with the price of other components within the system coupled with how cheaply power supplies are these days I suggest you bin the power unit and fit a new one with a constant wattage output rather than a peak output.
With some of the powerful modern Intel systems with high power graphics etc then 450W may not be enough especially if peak rated rather than constant as peak ones are only designed to operate at the peak for a very short time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия