electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
No Picture On A Toshiba 32AF42

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TonyB0505

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:03 am    Post subject: No Picture On A Toshiba 32AF42 Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm kind of in dire straits.

My only TV, a Toshiba 32AF42, has no picture.

I am alone here and cannot move it by myself. Of course, I would hate to go through the trouble of having it delivered somewhere only to find that the repair was something I could have handled.

Again, no picture. If I toggle the TV/Video button (so that I know I have to be cycling it to dvd, still nothing). If I look through the panel there is a light in an object that obviously feeds the screen. But, it doesn't look particularly bright and I have never really looked at it before so don't know what to expect, in terms of how bright it should be.

Is it likely the picture tube is really gone? Don't they degrade over time and not just go completely out all at once?

The TV turns on and the power on indicator light is lit up.

I guess if I could be blessed with some kind of troubleshooting sequence before biting the bullet and hauling it to the dumpster or to repair, I would much appreciate it.

Weird having no TV at all. Bummer!
eddwhatley

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still having problem and need help....considering that you have the electronics acumen and posess apt soldering skills. ????
bbp1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If tv turns on & no pic, could be anything from bad antenna to internal fault-eg tuner u/s. voltage low, if process etc- even user remote settings!. The bottom line is that experience is needed to analyze/fix tv,s- And they keep getting more complicated all the time!.- So the repairer has to constantly update knowledge\ as against diminishing returns\ ever cheaper lower end sets/ more complicated upper end sets, with very little info/help from makers!.(And the hopefull punter who thinks"it,s just the fuse. or the switch"!). Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия