electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Picture gone - 1998 Sony KV-32V40

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
exracer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Picture gone - 1998 Sony KV-32V40 Reply with quote

Normal operation when turning on is for the timer light to flash for a couple of seconds and goes out when the picture comes on. Staring today for the first time the video doesn't work. Sometimes when it does come on the picture compresses horizontily to the top and goes out. Sound still works, channels change etc... Sometimes I turn it on, the picture doesn't come on at all and the timer light keeps on flashing. I'm not a tech, so all I'm wondering is whether this is indicating a bad tube or some electronic part issue. In other words do I take it in, or do I throw it over the balcony Confused

Thanks in advance!!
cory

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vertical collapse due to poor solder connections on vertical ic. ic1451?. need to resolder pins on bottom of pcb and also resolder horizontal drive transformer.then should be ok.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия