electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
DMM

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frank

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:34 am    Post subject: DMM Reply with quote

Hi what you guys think about DMM FLUKE 88V/A
awright

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great, but only you can judge how a specific meter's features match your requirements. If the cost is OK for you, you can't go wrong with a Fluke.

I have had an 87 for a decade or more and love it. It has features very close to those of the 88V/A.

Have fun.

awright
Frank

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply, i blew the 0. 440A fuse trying to maesure current the wrong way,so i have learned the hard way, i replace the fuse and is OK, have you ever blown any fuse ever , does it cause any distresse on the meter on the future ?
awright

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I have blown more fuses than I care to admit in my ammeters. It is definitely something to avoid by being alert to what you are doing, but the instrument should survive. It's a tough lesson. The fuse is there to avert disaster, not to cover for routine lack of attention. My usual mode of failure is to make a current measurement and then forget to reposition the test leads before setting down the instrument. Now I try to remember to reposition the leads immediately after each current measurement no matter what my intended next measurement is.

Hard to say if there might be some subtle damage. A fuse lets a lot more than the rated current through before blowing, depending upon the speed of the fuse and the degree of overload. You are probably OK, but try to be more attentive in the future. Most d'Arsonval (moving pointer) multimeters either are not protected at all or, at least, are more subject to damage from such overload, so be careful.

awright

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Fluke 21 has been a faithfull sevant for years..
wouldn't be without it...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия