electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Panasonic CT-27SF36 TV, stange colors in picture, help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlueMoon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Panasonic CT-27SF36 TV, stange colors in picture, help! Reply with quote

My TV was fine when I turned it off the other night. The next morning it had weird colors. I unplugged it for an hour, but it was the same when I plugged it back in.

It seems like possibly a tint problem? The picture has greenish tints on the bottom two thirds of the screen and magenta tints in the top third. There is a small section in the upper middle section of the screen where the color and tint looks normal. The program screen for the VCR used to be a blue screen, but now is various shades of red and purple.

I have a background in medical electronics, but no TV repair experience. I'm not afraid to open it up, but would like to have an idea of what I might look for?

I appreciate any and all help. Thanks.
tgx

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is probably a degauss problem, your tube is magnetized. the problem should go away after a few turns on (at least 20min. pause) if not you need a demagnetizer
cory

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

panasonic has problems with thermistor.need to replace it.it is a small black square plastc part with either 2 or 3 legs.you will find it in power supply,near degauss plug.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия