electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Samsung HCL473WX/XAC convergence issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AudioNot_r8ed

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject: Samsung HCL473WX/XAC convergence issues Reply with quote

Having trouble with trying to repair this problem, I heard you could simply replace to Ic's or swap the convergence board, Is this true or are these two different options (ie swap the IC's and if that don't work replace the board)

Next where are the IC's located roughly? And what is the part number for the Convergence board the number on the board I have is AA41-00529A but I believe that is the PCB's part number?

Please help anyone.

Thank You
cory

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just replace 2 convergence ics(stk392-040).and check 2 pico fuses and all 3.9 ohm resistors.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I am really new at this, wouldn't it just be easier to replace the board, and I still have yet to identify these IC's on the convergence board, or are they located else where?

More help and info is needed
cory

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes replacing entire pcb is easier if you have part number.fairly cheap from samsung too.no soldering required.
AudioNot_r8ed

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much for your help in this matter Cory, but the board I seem to have pulled is the Digital Convergence part and from what I have been told is probly not my problem. I seem to be having alot of trouble for some reason in finding the STK ic's.

What do they look like and where are they located any idea on wht the part number is for that assembly?

Thanks greatly appericated
cory

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stks are located on big heat sincs,on left side of deflection pcb.that is the one with the flyback on it.(flyback is big black part with red high voltage lead coming from it).they call it sub pcb,or deflection pcb.check for these large ics with stk392-040 on them.
AudioNot_r8ed

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great got it thanks, gone ahead and bought another sub board (AA95-00705A) for a direct swap and also went ahead and got some STK's as well to repair the old board. Thank you Cory for all your help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия