electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
mitsubishi hs-u58 problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frubsen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: mitsubishi hs-u58 problems Reply with quote

hey all, i have a mitsubishi hs-u58 vcr player, had it since new back in 1994.

i am hjaving a few problems with it.

first problem is, the vcr wont always accept the tape...it either wont go in, or when it goes in, it will eject. it may take 3 or 4 times for the tape to actually stay in.

my second problem is on playback. when i hit play, either a blue screen comes up or just a bunch of snow and distorted video, and after about 10 seconds, the player stops.

any ideas? maybe just needs a head cleaning?

thanks
minnie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't herd of one of theses in a while, take the top off and look at the plastic track the tape guides slide on. There cracked. Part NLA. Time for a new one.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i seemed to have fixed the squeal...
now with the problem on playback

when it plays back, it only pl;ays for a few seconds before stopping and i believe its the head, thats making an intermittant high pitch squaling noise

it does the same when i try and rewind or fast forwarding which it will not do.

i'd really like to be able to salvage this vcr, because the quality of it is way better than any new one i've seen.

i have a hitachi vcr which doesnt do justice to this one
frubsen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone have any ideas?

i have the tray cover off, and when i press play the tape goes and starts to play, it plays for a few seconds, and the i hear the tape starting to crackle, and then the vcr just stops.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия