electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
RCA 56 inch Projection light flashing codes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Menace

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: RCA 56 inch Projection light flashing codes Reply with quote

I have a chance to pick up an RCA 56 inch projection TV. The TV does not power on, and the gentleman told me that the power light flashes either 3 or 4 times.
The TV is 4 years old, but I dont know the model number.
Anyone know what 3 flashes, and....or, 4 flashes means on RCA projection TVs.

Thanks.
Menace

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, after searching the net, it appears as though the blinking light may not be a code, but instead, the TV trying 3 times to power up....... possibly due to a short somewhere.
IF its the Horizontal Output Transistor, and I unplug it, then the TV should power up and I should have sound but no picture.....correct....

So what do I look for when trying to find this horizontal output transistor, so that I can unplug it, to see if its the HOT or if its the flyback.

Thanks.
minnie

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could also be the high voltage splitter.
Menace

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuse was blown. Changed fuse and the new fuse blew as soon as I plugged the TV into the wall. I have to buy more fuses today, and try 1 more time to make sure that it was not just a bad fuse I put in there to begin with.
But, if this thing continues popping fuses as soon as it gets plugged in, any idea as to where I should start troubleshooting. Or is the idea to just follow the power and ground lines checking for cold solders and beyond that its a repair shop scenario.

Model # is D56W20. Any known issues with these tvs that MAY be resulting in my problems.

Thanks.
cory

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if main fuse blows,check diode bridge on small board at front where fuse is.otherwise front end power supply blown.
Menace

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject: Still Blowing Fuses Reply with quote

Put a new fuse in, and tested the end of the power plug wire with ohm meter. Needle would jump to 0 then slowly move up a bit showing some resistance. Plugged tv in and fuse blew again. Cleaned all the nicotine caked dust bunnies off the board and cleaned all wire plug in connections on the board to eliminate the possiblility of dust arcing out electrical current. Put another fuse in, and put the ohm meter on the power wire plug end again. This time, needle did not jump to 0 and slowly move up, it just automatically went up about half way showing some resistance (never payed attention as to the actual reading, I was just checking for a dead short). Plugged the tv in again and the fuse blew right away.
Is there a way that I can check the diode bridge myself on the board. Or does it have to be removed in order to be checked. If I can check it myself, on the board, what am I looking for, and how do I test it.

Also, IF its the front end power supply, is that an expensive part.

thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия