electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
am I getting hosed on repair costs? (Hitachi 50UX58B)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
none

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Just had my repaired this morning $375 Reply with quote

Hi,

It was a simple soldering job.

A little bit of a pain to get to. He did say to put plenty termal-heat compound on the back of the stk392-110. He said the makers rarely put enough and therefore causes a problem.

It took him 20 min.

Just don't turn on the tv with the back off. He warned me that it would blow some component.
Larry E

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:59 am    Post subject: Hitachi tv Reply with quote

Joe, are you saying he charged you $375 to resolder the stk`s??
cause if you are you definitely got hosed this time,
first of all he should have replaced them, reapplying heat sink
compound to old stk`s as a repair after resoldering them is a
bandaid, if the stk`s are tired they will fail in a month or two, make
sure you keep that receipt, you`ll probably have to call him back before too long, Larry E
joe1715jt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:27 am    Post subject: hitachi finally fixed Reply with quote

The serviceman came out today - and three hours later - the tv was fixed. A burned-out resister (RK46) caused the two ICs to fail. He replaced the ICs with two new ones (STK392-150) - and the resister. He said he used 150 watts instead of the lower 130 because they would tolerate the heat better (or something like that). $120 in parts & $269 in labor. After my first experience, I thought this was worth it. He not only turned the tv on, but he took a part the back, pulled things out, etc... He seemed honest and upfront with costs. When he was done, he cleaned the internal glass, lenses, etc... Picture looks pretty good for an 7-year-old tv. I'm happy. Very Happy
Larry E

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your happy were all happy , Larry E
deniharn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject: Hitachi 50UX58B PART Reply with quote

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE PART NUMBER IS FOR SLOT L710?
I HAVE ALREADY REPLACED C707. L710 IS BAD TOO!
PLEASE HELP WITH PART NUMBER OR AVAILABILITY OR WEBSITE!!
THANKS!!
Confused
jd5449

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: hitachi part Reply with quote

denihard the part #is bz00318 it's a linearity coil 50uh-w
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия