electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Philips MX3660D trouble, any help appreciated

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
apollo

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 4:51 am    Post subject: Philips MX3660D trouble, any help appreciated Reply with quote

I have a Philips surround system DVD player model MX3660D/99. The unit will not turn on. When you press the power button, the unit clicks on but the display screen does not light up. If while on, you press the cd eject button, the play button, or turn the tuner dial, the unit clicks off. None of the other buttons have any effect. I thought the unit was acting as if there was a short but there is not any visable sign of anything touching, that there is anything wrong with the solder connections, or that any of the components have failed (no burning). If the problem is an IC chip, I do not know which one is causing the problem. If anyone knows what might be causing the problem or how to test the IC chip's, I would be grateful for the help. Thank you.
Eugene Murray

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Philips MX3660D trouble, any help appreciated Reply with quote

apollo wrote:
I have a Philips surround system DVD player model MX3660D/99. The unit will not turn on. When you press the power button, the unit clicks on but the display screen does not light up. If while on, you press the cd eject button, the play button, or turn the tuner dial, the unit clicks off. None of the other buttons have any effect. I thought the unit was acting as if there was a short but there is not any visable sign of anything touching, that there is anything wrong with the solder connections, or that any of the components have failed (no burning). If the problem is an IC chip, I do not know which one is causing the problem. If anyone knows what might be causing the problem or how to test the IC chip's, I would be grateful for the help. Thank you.

Confused I have the same player and faced the same problem. Dont worry it easy to fix. Inside, the layout is powersupply board, and then the big mother board. The problem is in the power supply stage. The main driver IC in the middle of the power suppy angainst large black heatskink after the switching stage, value TOP 249y, part number J903 is the problem, this IC neesd changing with a new one. Make sure the IC stands up correctly aginst the heatsink. and then solder it. It easy to precure and it cost around Rs. 80/-, if the problem exits with new one, that too is defective, try and buy one from abroad, indian local ones tend to be of poor quality. Cheers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия