electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
plugged my 110v jvc tv into 220v outlet, how do i fix?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bradjvc

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: plugged my 110v jvc tv into 220v outlet, how do i fix? Reply with quote

I plugged my jvc 27 in (model av-27f476) into a 220 wall socket on accident. it made a kinda whistling sound and the green light came on then right back off. I could smell where i burnt something up. the little fuse soesnt look bad(the wire is still intact in the glass) it does look as if the fuse had some heat to the wire inside. its kind of bubbled. What can i do to make some easy trouble shooting procedures to determine if its worth fixing or to just buy a new tv?
RODALCO

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 6:57 am    Post subject: 120 Volts TV on 220 Reply with quote

Check all parts around the powersupply. especially electrolytic caps.
Check for obvious signs of damage, discoulored components, lifted tracks on the circuitboards etc.

Very likely that you are in for a new TV.
Double the mains voltage usually is fatal for electronics, but it is worth a try if the damage doesn't look too bad.
mopar4u

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

curious how you got a 110v plug into a 220v socket?
Frank

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have 220v measured at the outlet. you may have burned fuse, rectfire, filter caps,resistors, regulator,this just some of the primary components that can go bad, hard to say, one time i did the same thing and i was lucky to come up with just a fuse burned, but my power was weak, say 170v because my house was at an end, and power was very low that day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия