electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Older Pioneer help please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mopar4u

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Older Pioneer help please Reply with quote

Pioneer RX-531 rack mount system, probably pushin 15-20 years old, never had a problem til now. I've always thought it was a great system, over the years it has been demoted to the garage stereo. Anyways, this winter the sound would come and go (without touching the volume), sometimes the sound would go really soft, but you could still hear it, sometimes it would comepletely go away. This happens with both sides. If you tap the chasis the sound comes back on for a while then it repeats. Pretty annoying Rolling Eyes . I realize it is old and not worth putting much money into but any suggestions on how to troubleshoot? I'm not afraid to take the cover off and dig around. What should I look for?
Elvis R

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may be a corrosion in the potentiometer (vol ctrl). Try some electronic spray on inside of the control. It cause also be lose soldered connections. Gotta use the good ole eye for that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия