electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
harman kardon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
djtaylor

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 6:49 am    Post subject: harman kardon Reply with quote

New member, so i hope this question is being asked in the correct forum Confused
I have just been lucky enough to buy a H/K (AVI 100) surround amp at a bring and buy sale for very small money and am pleased to say that it seems to be in good working order.
My problem is that there was no remote control with the amp and i have now discovered that to set it up in surround sound mode (balance, front to rear, delay etc) i need the remote to gain access.
Have tried with different universal remots without luck.
Info on this amp on the internet is very limited so if there is someone out there that can give me some tips i would be very happy.
tv.service

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this company:

http://www.doknet.com/eng/index.html

I have ordered some remote from them. Maybe they have your remote. Just follow instruction on website.

/janne
djtaylor

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for the tip, which i tried.
Very quick service with a reply the next day, but sad to say, no luck.
Will gladly accept any input or ideas from other readers regarding this remote, or ways arround the problem
eddwhatley

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And it just looks like that USR-1 remote is so special that only the original unit will do the job..with the other only alternative, your HAVING one on hand to use, to load the codes into a programmable remote unit. Rolling Eyes
So tell us that you only paid $100 for the unit and that HK wants $62.80 for that very special dedicated remote. However another "remote seller" wants TWICE that price for a H-K unit.
Any chance that you got the owners instruction manual with the unit also, as it is downloadable from the HK site if you don't have it.
Plus, .. a spare HK remote available on E-bay....no way currently...or .. fat chance in the future either.

H-K Remote data.
I left the w w w and dot preamble off so that this would not be a hot link and be rejected:

harmanaudio.com/search_browse/partlist.asp?Parts=AVR100&BrandId=HK&MarketId=HOM

73's de Edd
djtaylor

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again, many thanks for helping me to at least find out the model number of the remote from the web site.
It seems as if the original H/K page has never heard of the AVI 100.
I have found on Ebay uk a H/K MasterWorks programabel remote and have now contacted H/K customer service to find out if i can use this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия