electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Toshiba HDTV Bad picture when cold
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
minnie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know the cap locations/which ones to change? I use solder wick on one side and heat the other side lifting up gently till I can rock the caps off. Before you start see if you can find where the cap goes to/from so incase you lift a pad you know where to put a jumper wire. If you get in to deep,
http://www.ptscorp.com/
boo03649

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy yes finally it's done... i first changed all the surface mount 100uf 16v and 100uf 6v caps with 100uf 50v and 100uf 6.3v all now at 105 degrees and nothing same and i thought i broke tv more... but i read more and some one posted it the board to the left of the input board... thats wrong its the board directly behind the input board. any ways this is how i fixed my 42h83 toshiba 42" wide projection tv... disassemble the back of tv ... remove input board... i was lucky cause sears did not solder hyper board back to main board so removal was easy... remove board and open casing look for all the mini caps labelled "t2 10 16v" remove all 11 of them. i removed one and replaced one .....and so on make sure minus on cap is on the opposite side of plus sign... duh. i replace them with 10uf 25v 85 degrees as 105 degrees was not available. put everything back didn't solder hyper module back yet plugged in and wow thats its fixed works better than new. unplug it and plugged it back in still works great. then unplugged it and soldered the casing to the mainboard(without bending tabs... no need)

so it cost me $13 cnd for the 100uf 50v 105(10 qty) degrees and 100uf 6.3v 105(7 qty) degrees. which i thought was the caps that looked bulged.

and get this the 10uf 25v 85(50 qty) degree bag cost me $6.52 cnd and i only needed 11 of them...

so it will cost you under 10 dollars cnd to fix this module..

this is a great site lots of help. awesome!!!!

tv's been working good now for about a week

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

minnie wrote:
Tell them you need the hyper board repaired or replaced. List the board is about $195 with labor expect about $350.
minnie

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
minnie wrote:
Tell them you need the hyper board repaired or replaced. List the board is about $195 with labor expect about $350.

What was your point?

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so as an update since september tv still runs great.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия