electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Mitsubishi VS-60703 - Black OSD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cerulean47

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:25 am    Post subject: Mitsubishi VS-60703 - Black OSD Reply with quote

Greetings,

Recently my 60" Mitsubishi VS-60703 (circa 1998) started acting up. All OSD features display only black, making them unusable. Usually the OSD for channel numbers is green, but now it's black. The MENU features just display black rectangles on the screen, and I can't tell what I'm selecting.

I have the service manual for this TV and checked all the values under section 5 - Circuit Adjustment Mode (MENU 2357). All the values were close or near defaults.

I attempted to check the values in section 4 - Option Menu Set Up via MENU 1370, but the screen went completely black when entering that mode.

Any ideas? I have a new TV on the way, but I thought I'd like to try to fix this if I can do it for minimal cost before trying to sell it.

Thanks,

Larry
bbp1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry if you have service manuel, the answer is in your hands, my friend- remember, don,t be intimidated by the complexity of these latter day monsters- if man made, man can fix!. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
cerulean47

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: Not at all intimidated Reply with quote

I'm not at all intimidated. I just need a nudge in the right direction. I'm not sure my copy of the manual is complete. It was given to me by a nice TV repairman who was retiring and who worked on my set before.
Magoo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the signal board look closely at the microprocessor pins.

More than likely one of the tubes has leaked and dripped onto the board.
cerulean47

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: ok Reply with quote

I'll crack her back open tonight and look for goo. Any hint what color the goo might be?

When you say "tube", I assume you're referring to one of the CRT tubes? I wouldn't think there are any other tubes in this beastie. So are you saying that a CRT tube seal may have failed and CRT coolant may be leaking?

And if this proves to be the case, what then? Can the CRT tube be salvaged? The normal picture is fine, it's just the OSD that is messed up.
frank

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may have a microprocessor bad.
minnie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pop the front off and look for coolant under the tubes on the signal board.
Magoo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crt coolant is pretty much clear and it only take one drop to cause problems, Big problem on mitts.

If it is only a drop or two you can clean with soap and water and a soft bruch between the pins, blow it off and let it dry completely. A hair dryer will help to dry it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия